About Apache ODE
Apache ODE (Orchestration Director Engine) software executes business processes written following the WS-BPEL standard. It talks to web services, sending and receiving messages, handling data manipulation and error recovery as described by your process definition. It supports both long and short living process executions to orchestrate all the services that are part of your application.
WS-BPEL (Business Process Execution Language) is an XML-based language defining several constructs to write business processes. It defines a set of basic control structures like conditions or loops as well as elements to invoke web services and receive messages from services. It relies on WSDL to express web services interfaces. Message structures can be manipulated, assigning parts or the whole of them to variables that can in turn be used to send other messages. More about the specification can be found on our BPEL page.
- Side-by-side support for both the WS-BPEL 2.0 OASIS standard and the legacy BPEL4WS 1.1 vendor specification.
- Supports 2 communication layers: one based on Axis2 (Web Services http transport) and another one based on the JBI standard (using ServiceMix).
- Support for the HTTP WSDL binding, allowing invocation of REST-style web services.
- Possibility to map process variables externally to a database table of your choice.
- High level API to the engine that allows you to integrate the core with virtually any communication layer.
- Hot-deployment of your processes.
- Compiled approach to BPEL that provides detailed analysis and validation at the command line line or at deployment.
- Management interface for processes, instances and messages.
- ODE 1.3.7 is out. It includes about 48 bug fixes and improvements. Check it out!. (2017-07-07)
- ODE 1.3.6 is out. It includes about 42 bug fixes and improvements. Check it out!. (2013-10-12)
- ODE has a new Apache CMS powered website (2012-12-31)
- ODE 1.3.5 is out. It includes about 30 bug fixes and performance improvements. Check it out!. (2011-02-06)
- ODE 1.3.4 released! About 100 fixes, improvements and new features. Check it out!. (2010-06-09)
- ODE 1.3.2 is hot and fresh! About 130 fixes, improvements and new features. Check it out!. (2008-05-11)
- Come see us at ApacheCon US 2008 in New Orleans. Register for the training and the session.
- ODE 1.2 is finally out! More performance, stability and useful features as ever before. (2008-07-03)
- We've just release ODE 1.1.1, with bug fixes and a lot of small improvements. See getting ODE. (2008-01-16)
- We'll be at ApacheCon US in November, so get your tickets and meet us there. (2007-09-21)
- ODE 1.1 released! See our download page for more details. (2007-08-28)
- Welcome to our new home at http://ode.apache.org! (2007-07-30)
- ODE has graduated from the Apache Incubator as a top level project! (2007-07-18)
- The first Apache ODE release is out! You can finally download full binary releases.
- ODE has a Logo! Soon to appear on our revamped website.
- Come to meet us at ApacheCon Austin BOF (2006-10-11)
- ODE has a new website! (2006-08-30)